Adsense

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Ariana Grande's Focus Inspired Makeup Look

Hello pandas!

I am grateful for those who still read this blog of mine though I do not post as much anymore :) This post is inspired by Ariana Grande's makeup look in her new music video Focus. I am sure you have heard of it but if not, you must be living under a rock!

Anyway, I have mentioned in one of the blogs a long time ago that whenever I watch something the first thing that I notice most of the time are the makeup looks, like whether an eyebrow is arched or not, eyes are smokey or if someone is wearing all neutrals. I think this is one of the things a makeup enthusiast usually notices.

And I don't know but I noticed a growing trend with women wearing eyeshadows with pink or red undertones. I always thought it's hard to blend pink/red eyeshadows as it will only make you look like you have sore eyes or sick in general. So when I first viewed AG's Focus music video that's the first thing that captured my eyes, she was in a simple makeup look but it seemed like instead of a typical neutral eyeshadow, she paired her nude pink lips with an eyeshadow makeup look with pink/red undertone so to cut my blabbering short, I recreated the look in this blogpost!

Here's how I did it:

1. I started of course with working on my base, so with a dome brush I applied and blended my Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in Soft Beige then concealed my under eyes with my favorite concealer as of the moment, L.A. Girl Pro Conceal in Creamy Beige.

2. I decided to highlight a little so I applied a much lighter concealer which is my ELF HD Lifting Concealer in Brightening on my T-zone area. Then, set the look with my NYC Loose Powder in Translucent.

3. For the brows, I patterned my brows with AG's so I did it a little straighter and shorter than what I am used to using my Daiso Brow Pencil in Dark Brown and blending using my spooly.

4. I proceeded with the eyes and decided to use a shimmer pink eyeshadow but for it to appear vibrant I applied my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk with my ring finger in a patting motion as base.

5. With a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied my shimmer pink eyeshadow (Dabble Single Eyeshadow in Eye Candy).

6. For a gradient effect and to really copy her eyeshadow look, I applied a matte reddish-brown eyeshadow on my crease from my Kleancolor Alpha Girl Perfectionist Shadow Kit in Perfect Love.

7. I also noticed that she was wearing a thick cat-eye liner so I grabbed my L.A. Girl Gel Eyeliner in Very Black to recreate the cat eye.

8. Then, I tightlined my eyes using my MUA Intense Color Eyeliner in Jet Black. I used the same pencil eyeliner to recreate AG's defined eyes by applying some on my water line.

9. I curled my lashes and applied my NYC City Proof Mascara in Black and wore my 218 falsies with he help of my NYX Stuck On You Eyelash Glue in Clear.


10. Once I was satisfied with my eyes, I proceeded to contour my cheeks with my NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny and applied some pink blush on the apples of my cheeks.

11. For the lips, I noticed hers was a sort of glossy ombre of two shades on nude pink lip colors so for the outline I used my Essence Lipliner in Cute Pink smudged a little and applied my ELF Matte Lip Color in Natural over it. For the gloss, I used my ELF Lip Gloss in Coral Corral.

Here's the finished look!

I even tried to copy how she poses for pictures so bear with me! :))



I hope you liked it!
Please don't forget to subscribe, share and comment!

-theFabulosa